Thursday, October 09, 2008

Indianapolis, Indiana

It has been a few weeks since I have updated the blog. I have been travelling the last couple of weeks and just returned home. I recently got back from a wonderful week in Indianapolis, Indiana.



I started the week by visiting the Acting Police Chief of Butler University. I met Andy in September 2006 when I walked into a dorm room at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. To say I was nervous about whom I was about to spend the next 11 weeks with in a small dorm room was an understatement. I was pleased to find that Andy and I had two things in common. We were both active police trainers and members of the International Law Enforcement Educators' and Trainers' Association (ILEETA) and followers of Christ. It was a memorable 11 weeks and Andy spent almost an entire day with me.



Crime is different on a college campus. I noticed this Mascot Head and Andy told me that he had identified the suspects. They were from Purdue University. The body remains missing.



Butler University is famous for their basketball. It seems like they make it to the Sweet 16 just about every year and last year won 32 games. Their Basketball Court was the one used in the film Hoosiers and it was one of the nicest I have ever seen.



Unfortunately, football isn't taken as serious at Butler. I thought I was looking at the practice field but Andy informed me it was indeed the football field.

Chief Andy Ryan was a great host and it was a great start of a week in Indiana. I would complete the week at an Emergency Vehicle Training Conference. It was a week of meeting new friends and reuniting with old ones.

No comments: