Friday, June 05, 2009

Armor of God Project in Oklahoma

The Armor of God Project has been an unbelievable gift from a gracious and great God. I will admit to you that being able to participate in this project has been a great time and I am so humbled to have had the opportunity.

Until this week, I was involved in just about every aspect except being able to personally give a ballistic vest out. Most of the vests we give out are shipped to the officer after we confirm their employment but once in a while a Ten-Four Minstries member gets to personally participate. I had the honor this week.


The above photo is Haskell (OK) Police Officer Jack Martin. Jack heard about The Armor of God Projec and applied for a free vest. He has been working the streets for 15 years without one. I met Jack and his wife on Monday at my office. I listened to him tell me how he was the only officer at his agency that didn't have a vest. I listened to his wife break down in tears as she told me the fear she has when he goes to work and I watched Jack's big smile as I gave him a vest.


Above is Officer Martin and his wife as he is presented with a ballistic vest. Here is a link to an article that appeared in the Oklahoma City Newspaper about the event.

No comments: