Sunday, February 21, 2010

Crenshaw PD Receives AOG Vests

The Armor of God Project recently provided vests to each officer of the Crenshaw (MS) Police Department. I was travelling last Thursday to Muscle Shoals, Alabama for two specific purposes. I was attending the True Church Conference with my wife and another couple from our home church and I had scheduled a film crew to help us with some video at our vest distribution center which is located in Muscle Shoals.

The Lord would add to our plans. I received a call Thursday afternoon that the Crenshaw, Mississippi Police Department needed ballistic vests for each of their officers. The small town of just 900 were addressing this need after one of their officers was shot. That story itself was simply heroic. You can read about it here.

Because the area was just a few hours out of my way, the opportunity had arisen to personally give vests to the agency. I met with the City clerk at her husband's church earlier today. You can watch a short interview with her below.

No comments: