Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Behind the Scenes of Way of the Master Radio (03-06-07)


I thought it was going to be a slow day of "street fishing", as evidenced by this little turtle Amanda (my 12-year-old) and I saw walking across the walkway warmed by the mid-day sun. But, as the Lord always does, He provided us with plenty of fish from which to choose, at the Calabasas Commons.

Johnny was the phone guest for the first hour of the show. Johnny told me he was raised in an Islamic home, but he had long since turned his back on that religion. He very recently read a book by Deepak Chopra and was thinking seriously about spiritual things.

Following Johnny's conversation with Ray and Todd, I had a good follow-up conversation with Johnny and his two friends. Listen to the conversation. Pay particular attention to one of Johnny's friends who appears to be humbled by the Law. The other friend is clearly not. Johnny is still undecided.

Our phone guest for the second hour was Caesar. Caesar had come the the Calabasas Commons looking for a job. It took the offer of a $5 gift card to "In-n-Out Burgers" to get Caesar on the phone. The phone conversation was very short, due to on-air time constraints. Listen in, as I take Caesar through the Law and the Gospel.

Caesar was a fairly humble young man. When I talked to him about Christ's sacrifice on the cross, I asked him if he would allow his 2-year-old daughter to be crucified to save my life. His eyes opened very wide and he was quick to say no. With Amanda by my side, I told Caesar that I would allow him to die if the only way to save his life was to sacrifice my daughter on the cross. The Law and the Gospel seemed to make more sense to Caesar after hearing the analogy.

It was yet another good day of "street fishing."

No comments: