Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cobrinha's Imaginary God

My daughters (Michelle and Marissa) and I spent yesterday afternoon on Hollywood Boulevard. We were there to do my weekly "street fishing" segment on Way of the Master Radio. Unfortunately, technical difficulties made it impossible for me to do my segments. But all was not lost. We were able to distribute a couple hundred gospel tracts to people from all over the world.

Click here to listen to the conversation I had with Cobrinha (pictured above). He is a street musician who is representative of so many people who have created a god in their own imagination. As you will hear in the audio, the conversation never got to the gospel. However, I think, by the end of the conversation, I was able to bring Cobrinha to the realization that truth, not belief, determines reality. Considering how Cobrinha processes information, this could very well be an important seed planted.

And listen to our voices. It was a friendly conversation. You can do this! :-)

You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. ~ Exodus 20:4-6

No comments: