Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Behind the Scenes of Way of the Master Radio (05-29-07)

Amanda (my 12-year-old) and I spent the afternoon at the Valencia Town Center where we did a little "street fishing." Jonathan (17) was the guest for the first hour of the show. Jonathan was a very personable and quiet young man.

I could see what appeared to be genuine concern in his eyes, as Todd Friel took him through the Law and the gospel. During my follow-up interview with Jonathan, I asked him where he thought he would spend eternity, prior to our meeting. He said, "Heaven." I asked him where he thought he would spend eternity after his conversations with Todd and me. He said, "Hell." I asked him if that concerned him, and he said it did.

I asked Jonathan if he had ever heard the gospel explained to him the way he heard it today. He said he attends a Catholic church every Sunday, but he had never heard the gospel shared in such a "straightforward" manner. Click here to listen to my conversation with Jonathan.

KC was the guest during the second hour of the show. Unlike Jonathan, KC was not humbled by the Law. Unfortunately, my conversation with KC was cut short by mall security. Click here to listen to what happened.

Whenever I talk to someone who is working (like KC), I always make it a point to let them know that I do not want to interfere with their business. When KC's boss came by her kiosk, I offered to take the phone from her, but she wanted to keep talking to Todd. My guess is that it was her boss who called mall security.

A neat by-product of my time talking to KC is that her friend, who was working the nearby ATT kiosk, was listening to the show on one of his computers. So, in addition to KC, her friend heard the Law, too.

All-in-all, it was another good day of fishing. Pray for both Jonathan and KC. Pray the Lord would lead both of them to repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That poor thing wanted to keep talking todd.