Saturday, December 22, 2007

Paulina, Paulina


Two of my daughters, my friend Mike, and I spent the afternoon at the Burbank Town Center. The crowds were light considering it was one of the busiest shopping days of the year. But the Lord still blessed us by allowing us to distribute well over 1,000 tracts.

The Curved Illusion tract was particularly popular, today. While there are many tracts I like to use, the Curved Illusion tract is, for me, the most fun to use. It is so much fun to see the different reactions on people's faces as I share the illusion with them. Two young girls were particularly stunned. More about them in a minute.

Another woman, seeing the illusion, blasphemed God with a loud exclamation of surprise. She immediately clasped her hands over her mouth and looked at me and my daughter with fear in her eyes.

"You're the religious people aren't you?" She said with a whisper.

"Yes." I replied with a similar hushed tone (i wasn't going to let her off the hook). "Do you realize what you just did? You blasphemed the name of God."

"I know. I am so sorry."

I handed her the optical illusion tract. "I think you should read this."

"I will. I promise."

The woman and her husband walked away.

About an hour after meeting the first two girls mentioned above, I saw them sitting on a bench. I walked over to them and said, "Since I've already scared you with the optical illusion, would it be all right if I interviewed the two of you for my radio show."

"You're on the radio?" They asked.

"Yep." I gave them each a card and told them about the Last Words Radio show. They agreed to be interviewed.

Their names were Paulina and .......... Paulina. :-)

Toward the end of the interview, you will hear Paulina #1 describe, with a single word, how she felt after hearing the Law and the Gospel.

The Lord, being sovereign in and over every detail of life, allowed an ambulance to roll "Code-3" right after I explained to the girls that they had no idea when they would take their last breaths. It was a poignant moment.

Please pray for Paulina and Paulina, and for the hundreds of people who received the Gospel, today.

Be encouraged.

No comments: