Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Confession: Guilty of a Bank Hold-Up

Yes, my friends, today I was guilty of holding up a bank.

I was in a hurry. I have a very important ministry-related meeting later today and there is much I must get done before the meeting. One of the things I had to do was go to the bank. I didn't have much time. I don't know what came over me when I entered the bank, but what resulted was a hold-up.

It all began with showing the greeter inside the bank the Curved Illusion gospel tract. Then two of the customers wanted to see it. Then the tellers behind the counter wanted to see it. For a few moments, I help up business at the bank with the distribution of the Curved Illusion tracts and Billion Dollar Bills.

On the way out of the bank, the security guard said, "That's a nice trick."

"Would you like one?"

"Sure!"

"Do you have any kids?"

"I do."

"Well you better take some home to them."

"Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Same to you." :-)

When you only have a few moments, gospel tracts are a very effective and fun way to put the Law and the Gospel into the hands of lost people.

Oh, since I'm confessing today's hold-up, you should know that I've held up banks, before......and grocery stores, and department stores, and.......... :-)

No comments: