Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Season for Ten-Four Ministries

Like many of you, I have been both inspired and blessed through Chaplain Tony Miano and Ten-Four Ministries over the years. Tony and his family have worked very hard for the Lord and I join with each one of you in expressing my sincere appreciation for everything they have done for Ten-Four Ministries. I am humbled and honored to accept the position of Director and it has come after many hours of prayer, counsel, and discussions with my family. We are aware of the dedication and work that will be required as Ten-Four Ministries moves through this transition and into the future and we are also aware that despite the recent change in leadership of the ministry, God will continue to steer and direct Ten-Four Ministries just as He has for almost six years. Tony will remain on as an Advisory Board member and close confidant to Ten-Four Ministries.

I encourage you in the next several weeks to follow our transition progress closely. We will keep you updated through the weekly “Briefing.” The website updates and The Centurion Papers blog will continue to serve as the sources of information to which you have grown accustomed. Much of the activities with which Ten-Four Ministries are so identified will continue and, in some cases, expand.

Our visitors to the website and the newsletter recipients will be given opportunities to not only hear about Ten-Four Ministries but participate directly in the mission. The first opportunity to do this is Ten-Four Ministry’s New Year Challenge. We will also be sponsoring scholarships that will give each of you an opportunity to further develop skills in witnessing to the lost. Gospel tracts and resources designed specifically for the public safety arena will be developed and we will be working very hard to make those resources attractive to everyone in the public safety profession. In the first quarter of 2008 we will be announcing some of these unique concepts and we will be introducing a new, dynamic website that will make your visit to Ten-Four Ministries both informative and exciting.

As Tony previously mentioned, I have been with the Tulsa Police Department for 14 years and I currently serve that agency as a Captain based out of the Headquarters Division. While God has certainly blessed my career and given me a lot of opportunities, the opportunity to serve Him and lead my family is His greatest blessing. I have been married to Traci for 12 years and we have two sons – Trevor (age 7) and Tanner (age 4).

I want to thank each of you for your years of prayer, encouragement and financial support to Ten-Four Ministries. Your commitment to Ten-Four Ministries has enabled the presentation of the Law and Gospel to thousands of individuals within the first responder community and countless others across the world. 2008 certainly looks to be an exciting year; and I invite each of you to take this journey with us.

I am so humbled to be a part of Ten-Four Ministries and I look forward to partnering with you as we bring the Gospel to the lost.

No comments: