Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What is the Motive?

It seemed like an innocent invitation. My wife wanted me to go to a Health Fair. What was she trying to tell me? What did she want to buy? Why do we not have something else to do? All of these questions and more went through my head but the cop in me was going to figure this out. I was going to find out the motive and it didn't take me long.

Alison Sweeney, a longtime soap opera star and the host of the Biggest Loser was there. My wife had read her book and wanted to meet her. Well, I had very little interest in this adventure until I found out that Alison is married to a California Highway Patrol Officer. Now you are talking business.

Armed with a copy of Take Up The Shield and a patch, I stepped into the building with a mission.

It was a great encounter. While Alison was getting a ton of gifts from others, this may have been the first time someone gave her a gift for her husband. She was very appreciative and told me that she would give him the book. While I don't know the faith of Alison or her husband, I pray that both of them look at this great book. It is certainly a powerful tool to tell others about Jesus and how you must repent and trust in Him to have eternal life.

No comments: