Monday, March 24, 2008

Million Bucks Buys A Lot Of Gas


With gas over $3 per gallon, a Million Dollar Bill would pump a lot of gas. Fortunately, what the patrons were about to receive were not real Million Dollar Bills but a gospel tract that would tell them how they can live in eternity with the Almighty God that created them.

I left work like I had done hundreds of times and I passed a local gas station like I had done thousands of times but this time was different. I don't know why the Holy Spirit convicted me but I simply tried to listen and follow. I'll admit, it wasn't easy. Pulling my car into a gas ststion full of cars at rush hour and walk up to every person and give them a tract wasn't exactly something I had planned on.

I pondered and prayed before I got out of the car. I could leave without doing anything. This option was promising. I was already running late plus I could stop the next day.

Then again, I could get out of my car, get a few "weird" looks but ensure that everyone there had an opportunity to accept Jesus Christ. That day could have been someone's last. The decision was easy and after everyone received a Million Dollar Bill, I got in my car thanking God for the opportunity.

So many Christians do not witness because it is not "comfortable". While they may go out of their comfort zone to give a speech at work or talk to someone, they do not step out of their comfort zone when it is a matter of following what Jesus commanded us to do - "...Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

On the day we die, it won't matter how much success we had at work or how many friends we had. It will matter what we did for His Kingdom.

Who have you told lately about Jesus?

No comments: