Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sergeant Tom O'Connor Update


Over a year ago, I wrote about Pennsylvania State Police Sergeant Tom O'Connor and his battle with a rare form of cancer. Tom's story really impacted me. His age, the age of his kids and his service with PSP were all very similar to myself.

I sent a message to our Ten-Four Ministry Family and you responded in an unbelievable way. Through our 10-33 Fund, we were able to help Tom and his family with the financial burden of battling a deadly disease. Since the inception of the 10-33 Fund, which exists to help officers and their families in financial distress, you gave more than any other time.

Many of you sent not only financial contributions but personal letters and prayers to Tom and his family. It was an incredible blessing not only to the O'Connor Family but for me as well.

I am saddened to report to you that last week, Tom lost his battle with cancer. You can read a story on his death here.

Please pray for Tom's family and thank you once again for your love for him while he was here with us.

No comments: