Sunday, June 08, 2008

Inspiration In Hemet


I've been home for almost a week now from the Ambassadors' Academy and I still haven't come down from this event. I don't think I ever will. There is so much more I want to tell and while I know words can never express the experience that the Ambassadors' Academy is, I do hope you get some sense of what this event is.

One story I can't get out my head is a story told by Brett Coronado. Brett is an Associate Pastor at Calvary Chapel Hemet. Some time ago, he and his Pastor implemented Biblical Evangelism throughout the church. The Evangelism Team goes out numerous times each week and the training is required in some aspects of the church. What did this do to the Church Body?

The Church membership began to drop. In fact, it dropped dramatically. To date, the church has lost approximately 40% of it's membership. Can you imagine that. A church embracing the Great Commission in a Biblical fashion and the membership runs away?

Were the Wheat and Tares Separated - True & False Converts(Matthew 13:24-30, 37-43)? It is not my place to know anyone's Salvation but this story disturbed me to say the least. What about the churches you are in? Would the same thing happen? Maybe it would but the most impressive part of the story wasn't that the church made the decision to put Biblical Evangelism as a priority but it was the response of the Pastor when the membership started to leave.

There were salaries and benefits to pay, employees to be concerned about and other church activities that had to be funded. The Pastor did not hesitate. He said that if he had to, they would move to a smaller building or even to someone's house. Despite the actions of the membership, the true Gospel had to be preached and the Great Commission had to be fulfilled. Wow, what an inspiration.

You can view many of the Evangelism videos from the Calvary Chapel Evangelism Team Here.

No comments: